Thursday, September 15, 2011

Finding Marie at Goodwill

My sister in law came to visit over Labor day weekend. It was wonderful for me to have some grown-up adult time and shop Goodwill to my hearts content. No one except her enjoys it as much as I do.

When she lived in Colorado, there were Goodwill stores she would frequent to buy and sell clothing on ebay. When she moved to Utah, where there are no Goodwill stores she was feeling bummed but planned to visit me and get some serious shopping in before returning to Utah where she could sell. We've determined she needs to visit me at least once a month and also to get her Goodwill fix.

So, we're in our 2nd store of the day, and she hold up a skirt which was just funky enough to be something good and says what about the brand "Free People?" I say "Yes!" that's a great one! Even though it was Monday ($.99 cents on a certain color) hers was not that color and so was to be $3.99, still it was a great deal. Plus, she's military, and every Monday is also Military Monday (where you get 25% off any color tag which is not on sale). So on we shop....

When we're in the car an hour or so later, I'm going through the bags oohing and aahing. I spot her Free People skirt and grab it to get a closer look.


Yes, it's Anthropologie, FREE PEOPLE, and has 66170 as the RN#. It's in great condition. No snags, no tears, and it even has a drycleaning tag on it. Nice. But what's this? The name on the tag blew me away...


Osmond, Marie 9 of 10.....whaaaaat?
This beautiful lady?

Well, I was too excited, and my sister in law said "Must be someone else, because she lives in Utah". Nope. She lives in Las Vegas, where she performs her own show on the Strip. Wowza! I know, I'm a dork. But seven degrees, or whatever, I am holding a garment that either Marie or her daughter or somebody in her vicinity touched!! (ok there is always a possibility there is another Marie Osmond out there, and if this were a Merona skirt I would fully admit that it was not hers, but FREE PEOPLE is not cheap). Isn't it beautiful? I LOVE GOODWILL!

1 comment: