Monday, February 28, 2011

The Best Day

My daughter (and I) love a song by Taylor Swift called "The Best Day" where she talks about being a child and with her mom. On days like today where the weather is cool, and my kids are out of school, and we're out playing that song always comes to mind. Every so often one of them will be enjoying themselves so much they say "This is the best day ever!" Usually there is ice cream in hand or we're at the park.

Today, we went to see Mega Mind at the dollar theater and afterward stopped off at the Goodwill store across the street. My 5 year old had to pee and I had an itch to see what was on sale today.

My good day turned fantastic (THE BEST DAY) when I found out ALL GREEN TAGS were 99 cents. This never happens here. I read about other cities where they have dollar days every week and I pray that one day we will too. We have things like 50% off green tags, which is still good, but not as great as 99 cents!! I selfishly wished I did not have my kids with me, only so that shopping would be easier and faster. I have 7, 5 & 2 yr old children and most often while I'm shopping they are really good. However if the trip is too long (which is a fine line when it comes to Goodwill because I think they can sense anxiety) they get squirrelly. They play and chase and climb in and out of the cart. It can be a bit crazy for me, but gets worse when occasionally I get store employees giving me an eye or reprimanding my children (even though their behavior doesn't really warrant it) while I'm standing right there. That is what gives me anxiety. Today this one certain employee kept showing up around every corner as though she were ready to toss me out the store door. My kids were standing on the other side of my cart chatting, and she told me I needed to keep them right with me for their safety and the safety of the store. I understand, and I am all about my kids safety (and even the safety of the store and other shoppers) but they were so close, did she want me to be holding them all in my arms or what? Regardless, today I got some fantastic deals!! I am so excited to get them on eBay.

I'm going to be moving my Goodwill/ebay venture upstairs to a room which was previously our nursery, and getting it all organized so that posting will be more efficient. This week eBay sales were pretty fantastic. Here are a few examples:
APT 9 sz 16 Black & Cream floral skirt with tulle & sequin trim, purchased for $1.99, sold for $9.99
APT 9 sz 18W Black & Cream lined floral skirt, purchased for $2.99 sold for $10.99

ANN TAYLOR sz 6 Cream Silk Blouse, purchased for $5.24, sold for $9.99
After several false purchases over the last few weeks, someone actually paid after bidding on this Pretty City Triangles sz 11 Circles Dress. I purchased for $5.24, sold for $9.99


RALPH LAUREN Long Linen Skirt sz 8 Light tan, purchased for $2.99, sold for $8.99
MAGGY BOUTIQUE Animal Print Cream & Brown Dress sz 4, purchased for $4.50, sold for $10.99

LIBERTY OF LONDON for Target XS flowery Blouse, purchased for $4.99, sold for $7.99
WD NY Beaded 100% SILK SKIRT sz 12 Lined, purchased for $2.50, sold for $9.99
This CABI sz 12 multicolor beaded sundress I purchased for $4.50, and posted it early this morning/late last night at 1am and by the time I woke up this monring and logged into eBay it had sold buy it now for $13.99.


I LOVE Goodwill &
I LOVE eBay
I have realized why people have hobbies that they really love and are passionate about. I believe this must be mine, because when I left Goodwill today after receiving the fab news at the checkout that every monday is now a different 99 cent color ticket, I wanted to shout it from the rooftops!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great sales. Do you have a secret technique for picking out such wonderful items?
    All the ones you listed were adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. You're doing so great. Don't you love making money. :)

    ReplyDelete