Monday, December 27, 2010

Ramen Noodle

A friend of mine (who reads the blog but shall remain nameless due to immature content - LOL) has known me since I was about 11. Our houses were across from each others in a small town in Kansas. We sure had some great times together. We endured adolescence and really some of my earliest memories of a best friend were with her. Her family was like my second family. We'd lost touch for a lot of years and thanks to the glory of Face book, we've recently reconnected. Actually I don't know how we would have otherwise. We still have lots of catching up to do, but her commenting on one of my posts about knowing my younger brother when he was 2 brought back a flood of memories. Some are silly, like the one which is the main reason for this post.
I remember coming home from church on Sundays and begging to eat at her house with her family because her dad would make Egg Drop Ramen. I thought it was the coolest. Now I think, How smart was he! Trying to healthy-up Ramen, if at all it is possible. In a similar attempt, I have created Zucchini Ramen. I grate a Zucchini into my hot pot of Ramen. My kids (6, 5 & 2 yrs old) LOVE it!!! Who knew? My 6yr old will hand me a zucchini and a package of Ramen and know I know what she wants. When I was younger I don't think my parents could have held me down and gotten me to eat Zucchini Ramen!

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes! And guess what? My dad made this for me for lunch the other day. He still makes it. :)

    ReplyDelete