Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How do you update your wardrobe?

I don't shop for clothing for myself very often. I hear that from a lot of moms though. For me, it has to do with not liking what I see in the mirror when I'm trying on clothes, but that's another story. Another major reason is I usually have kids in tow, so unless I want to wrangle them in the dressing room, or buy & then return, it usually doesn't happen for me. 

Although, awhile back I added these to my wardrobe from Goodwill, where I shop most often nowadays for things to sell on eBay. I don't go there looking for things for myself, and usually don't buy for myself, but sometimes I get home and think, "Hey, that would fit me!"

I love the pattern on this button down cotton shirt with 3/4 length sleeves.

This cotton skirt was a bit of a surprise for me. I thought it loud at first but now I just love it. I can't remember prices on either of these, but I'm sure it wasn't much! And they are like new condition because I never buy anything less than that at Goodwill, because I want my customers to be happy, and I wouldn't be happy with lesser quality.

More recently I've found these items to add:

Pretty red cords (just right for my Christmas get-away next week to a cold & snowy place), Michael Kors cargo pants (Hello fashion!) and I love the summery Down East Basics Lemon skirt! Each of these lovelies only set me back $2.50. Can't get that great a deal anywhere else! I LOVE Goodwill, what else can I say?

So again I ask, how do you update your wardrobe? Ever thought of stepping into Goodwill? I find so many name brand items in there, its ridiculous. I often wonder, where do these all come from?! There must be some awfully generous people in this town. I love that you never know what you are going to find, and it just might be fabulous! 


1 comment:

  1. I look at the thriftstore or I troll ebay searching for the same brand/size of something i currently have/love.

    ReplyDelete