Monday, April 25, 2011

A book I insist you all read

Have you ever purchased a book just because you liked the name? Or the cover?
How did it turn out for you? I do it all the time. Sometimes I read books that I wonder what was the point. But more often than not, I'm lucky.

On an unsuspecting, regular day at Goodwill, I picked up this book:


This is a wonderfully heart warming story that keeps you wanting to read. The imagery was beautiful and whimsical, well downright magical. It has the powerful effect that makes you wish you were the orphan children in the story. I actually had to revise this commentary because the first time I wrote it I think I said too much. I'm not really very good at writing reviews, I was just so excited about the book I felt I needed to shout it from the rooftops.  
With this book, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I found a new author and she has a whole slew of books I am excited to read. In fact I was reading it to my children each day and night, and one evening when they were all asleep I was too engrossed that I just read straight though. My kids were not happy with me for leaving them behind even though I am still reading it to them. They think I cheated.
This is the kind of book that should be required reading in school because it has a beautiful sense of hope, even whilst dealing with real world problems. It's a fun read, and it will be one of my favorites from now on!
Get a copy and fall in love with the characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment